[GRASS-user] Vector topology

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:31:42 EDT 2007

Hi!
I have a shapefile where I have digitised certain polygons twice (yes,
my fault :D). The polygons are mostly the same, but the vertices might
be slightly shifted, etc. I understand that I can clean these polygons
using somesort of topology tests or something. I also undersstand that
in GRASS, v.clean does this job (I think the name of the program
states my intention better than anything: I want to clear a vector
layer of spurious polygons). There are several types of cleaning
available, but I don't know which one is the one to use.

Any hints?

Cheers!
Jose