[GRASS-user] Errors applying color rules and -g flags in r.colors

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Apr 19 15:16:35 EDT 2007

Logarithmic scaling isn't critical for my work, so I'll just avoid the -g flag, or rescale my z-values in the case that I do need this feature.

I've updated my cvs to include your latest fix to color_rules.c, and while I'm not receiving the error message I did before, there is still some puzzling behavior occurring.

The color tables aspectcolr, evi, ndvi, population, and slope still display an all-white raster when invoked with no flags. However, applying the -e flag to each of these color tables creates a full-color, histogram-equalized color table as requested. I'm using the same floating-point raster as I did previously. Is this expected given the types of color tables being used? I'm not familiar with what 'evi' or 'ndvi' mean and for what types of data they are best suited.

~ Eric.