[GRASS-user] 32 bit OS .. 64 bit OS

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Aug 3 04:04:17 EDT 2007

On the AMD64, 64 bit code uses the extra internal registers. Some math
operations run faster, though this has only been benchmarked under X64,
not linux.

I never had a grass run take more than about 2Gbytes of DRAM. Isn't
there a hard limit on the memory used by grass? There is an option
during the compilation process for large files, so I assume the memory
allocation isn't completely dynamic.