[GRASS-user] Create 3d models of buildings for use in Google Earth

Intengu Technologies sindile.bidla at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 07:25:10 EDT 2007

I have seen the following posts,
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-May/034214.html and
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-June/023820.html

I have access to orthorectifed high res imagery of towns and would like to
start creating 3d models of buildings - would actually prefer to automate
this process as much as possible.
I do not have access to polygons of buildings with height.
Once models are created they will be viewed on GoogleEarth.

On the web I found out about a product callled SilverEye from Geotango - has
since been bought by Microsoft :(  -  product info was saying SilverEye
extracts 3d building models from single scene images.

Any ideas  on how I can then create 3d Models from imagery using OSS tools.

--
Sindile Bidla