[GRASS-user] GRASS for Geologists

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 7 12:07:20 EDT 2007

What I'd like to see in the new wxPython GUI is nviz using the same display
frame as regular maps. "NVIZ" as an interface would then be a separate 3D
toolbox that pops up.

However, I suspect that digitizing in a 3D environment is a more complicated
beast to manage. It's not just tracing in 2D over a 3D display. That might
be fairly easy, but is not what you want.

For now, possibly an intermediate step would be to create a shaded relief
map and digitize on top of that. This is doable now in TclTk and soon in
wxPython.

Michael

On 8/7/07 2:22 AM, "RAVI KUMAR" <ravivundavalli at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> for Geologists to use available topography data (ex
> SRTM)
> along with geology maps, in a 3D visualisation helps.
>
> In GRASS NVIZ can drape any existing map with a DEM.
> If digitization is possible in the same window/screen,
> then geologists can pick further details depending on
> the 3D visualisation.
>
> Ravi Kumar

> ______
> news, photos & more.