[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS6.3 on Windows

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Aug 8 14:49:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Done that. Yep, it's the script; MSys strikes again.
>
> I've added an nviz.bat script for use on Windows; I've also fixed the
> Makefile to ensure that the binary gets the .exe extension.

That's excellent - I can confirm that it works again for me too. Somehow I
thought there was something else - I tried reverting to the way it was
before but couldn't get it working again. But didn't think of adding a
separate script start for Windows.

I found another issue with the use of the cat command in part of an NVIZ
Tcl script which I've also fixed, and it seems to be working well now.
Grepping for "exec" in the other scripts I see a few more hackish-looking
things that will need to be fixed to get all the NVIZ functionality
working on Windows though.

Paul