[GRASS-user] (no subject)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 9 12:31:09 EDT 2007

Yes, it looks like it would be a bit complex.  I looked at r.colors,
and it would take a bit or rewriting to handle the way I wrote the
find_etc function, or I may need to consider a new variation on the
function to handle the way r.colors works.

Symlinks of the color files in the application package would be
marginally safer than the files themselves - you wouldn't lose the
files, but you may still have to recreate the symlinks.

Did you try using the full path to the color files?

On Aug 9, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Michael Perdue wrote:

> Thanks for the info. It would be nice if one could have external
> directories where color tables and such could be stored, but it
> also sounds like it would be a lot of work for a small return. I
> think I'll keep my color tables in the etc/ folder and create
> symbolic links to them in the proper folder. That should be easy
> enough to maintain.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike
>

> On 8-Aug-07, at 1:25 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> I recently added a function to handle an external etc/ folder, but
>> it currently isn't used in the core modules, but was intended more
>> for addon modules that need to use an external etc/.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy