[GRASS-user] Reprojection help

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Fri Aug 10 19:32:02 EDT 2007

It's me again ... I suspect I must be stupider than most Grass users
because I seem to be hitting the list with questions so often!

I have my own maps which are in lat-long format, using Australian
boundaries.

I need to analyse some points relative to some centroids supplied in
MapInfo format. They import fine, but they're in Lambert Conformal
Conical projection.

Without being long-winded, my attempts to reproject the LCC location
into a lat-long UTM using WGS84 keep failing - the utilities work but
the result isn't right.

Is there something about LCC projections that make them hard to reproject?

Richard