[GRASS-user] Can I couple my 3d finite element analysis with Grass?

zhihua ouyang zxo102zh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 04:31:43 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,
    I am thinking a project like this: a user can use Grass map to design a
highway route. Based the route, the user can check the most unstable slope,
use finite element method to analyze it and put the FEM result onto the
Grass map. Here are my questions:
    Can I couple my 3d finite element analysis with Grass? and put the FEM
results (displacements in x,y,z directions) on the Grass map. If I want
to make a cut on the Grass map and get a cross section showing different
geological materials (real 3D), where should I start?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ouyang