[GRASS-user] Help with sh file

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 20:39:09 EDT 2007

Yamil Ortega wrote:
> Im trying to do the simple sh file example of the earthquakes that is
> on the Wiki page of grass Project. But im stuck when receiving an
> error that says
>
> ERROR: Raster map (RGBM_May.rgb) not available
>
> ERROR: d.rast
>
> I supouse that is because the raster background map doesn't exist. But
> I have downloaded another world raster map (I think), renamed and
> copied into the Location directory (not the user or the PERMANENT) and
> still doesn't work.

using g.copy and g.rename after import into GRASS?
Or just moved the raster image into the filesystem?

> Does anyone knows where can I download that raster map of the
> background (BMNG_May.rgb), and where to copy?

It's the NASA Blue Marble Next Generation imagery (for the month of May)
  http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/

Available many places, e.g.:
  http://www.geotorrent.org

But probably you don't need anything that detailed. Maybe simpler to
start with a vector coastline like "admin98".

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Can you send the exact link?

  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_and_PHP
  http://grass.itc.it/spearfish/php_grass_earthquakes.php