[POSIBLESPAM]: [GRASS-user] test if raster/vector exists (in Perl)

José Antonio Ruiz Arias jararias at ujaen.es
Tue Aug 14 15:34:19 EDT 2007

Try with ‘g.findfile element=cell file=<your_raster_name>’ in a Perl pipe.
If the module returns a series of empty strings, your raster does not exist.
I used it in Python in a way like this:

if os.popen(‘g.findfile element=cell file=%s’ %
<raster_name>,’r’).readlines()[0][:-1].split(‘=’)[1]:

            <the raster exists>

else:

            <the raster does not exist>

although you use Perl I suppose it will be similar (I hope).

Cheers,

Jose A.