[GRASS-user] Help with sh file

nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Sun Aug 19 21:53:16 EDT 2007

> > > FYI, all data there is in ECW format as it's sponsored by ER Mapper.
> > >
> > > ECW is an amazing image format, but extremely difficult for us to
deal
> > > with, as it is "crippled":
> > >
> > > http://gdal.org/frmt_ecw.html
> >

> > ECW is even more encumbered now that Leica has taken over ERMapper,
> >
> > http://industry.slashgeo.org/article.pl?sid=07/06/08/132239

> It's a shame more people don't use Jasper.

Was the Ogg project working on an unemcumbered image compression format?

Something that is to still images as Ogg Vorbis is to sound?

nick

WARNING: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain legally
privileged, confidential or private information and may be protected by
copyright. You may only use it if you are the person(s) it was intended
to be sent to and if you use it in an authorised way.  No one is
allowed to use, review, alter, transmit, disclose, distribute, print
or copy this e-mail without appropriate authority.

If this e-mail was not intended for you and was sent to you by mistake,
please telephone or e-mail me immediately, destroy any hardcopies of
this e-mail and delete it and any copies of it from your computer
system. Any right which the sender may have under copyright law, and
any legal privilege and confidentiality attached to this e-mail is not
waived or destroyed by that mistake.

It is your responsibility to ensure that this e-mail does not contain
and is not affected by computer viruses, defects or interference by
third parties or replication problems (including incompatibility with
your computer system).

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads, Queensland
Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or endorsed organisations
utilising the same infrastructure.