[GRASS-user] Reprojection from LLC to UTM (various zones)

Miriam E. A. mespana at ugr.es
Thu Aug 23 05:01:24 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm triying to reproject a map of north america form llc to utm, but Grass
reports an error about input map is outside output region.

I choose zone 16N as center of the map, defining a region as the next, in
the UTM Location:

GRASS 6.3.cvs (UTM):~ > g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : UTM
datum      : nad27
towgs84    : -22.000,157.000,176.000
proj       : utm
ellps      : clark66
a          : 6378206.4000000004
es         : 0.0067686580
f          : 294.9786982000
zone       : 16
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : meter
units      : meters
meters     : 1.0

g.region n=10000000 s=0 e=10000000 w=0

to cover the greatest area possible.

Does grass support regions crossing various zones UTM? And, UTM considers
north as 0 to avoid negative coords in the north hemisphere, but in GRASS
south must be 0...

Maybe i'm very wrong.

Thanks for your attention and for the help (in this and previous emails
and irc).

Miriam
--
-------
<>
<>   mespana at ugr.es
<>   Tel./ Ph.: +34 958 24 29 28,  FAX +34 958 24 32 14
<>
-------