[GRASS-user] Reprojection from LLC to UTM (various zones)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Aug 24 12:18:50 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> On 8/23/07 9:32 AM, "Miriam Espan~a" <mespana at ugr.es> wrote:

>> ok, I understand that it's not the appropriate projection for the zone, but
>> it's part of my problem: my objective it's to visualize a raster3d in nviz,
>> but the r3 map it's in Lambert Conic conformal, and it  seems like Nviz
>> can't represent maps in locations differents from XY or UTM (respect UTM,
>> I'm not sure, anybody can confirm this?).

> Actually, NVIZ DOES handle such maps OK. You have to mess with the
> z-exaggeration setting a bit, but you can display latlon maps in 2.5D. A
> real plus for GRASS over other GIS and visualization systems.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Miriam wants to visualise a 3D
raster I guess (as she wrote), not a 2.5D one. Moreover, LCC projection
is not in degree units, so it should not be neccessary to play with Z
exag in any special way.

Miriam,

What is the issue with NVIZ in details? As of now NVIZ in GRASS 6.2 and
6.3 tends to crash on 3d rasters (volumes). Is that the origin of your
problem?

Maciek