[GRASS-user] grass on solaris

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 05:54:11 EDT 2007

hi,

I would like to get GRASS running on Sun Solaris 10. Is there any howto
about this system? Would anybody have any hint, what libraries to use (I
assume http://sunfreeware.com is the best source for it) and which are
better to be compiled. Any hints to used compiler (gcc 3.4.6?) and flags
used in the configure process.

Anny hints are welcomed. The system is behind firewall in another city -
it is not possible to consult possible problems on-line.

Another question would be about settings of environment variables at
Solaris. I tried to modify /etc/profile file (adding paths to PATH
variable) but it took no effect. Since Solaris uses many different
places to store binaries, it would be nice to have them all reachable
not speaking about the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (I need /usr/local/lib
to be "seen" as well).

Thanks for any hint in advance.

Jachym
--