[GRASS-user] Start R w/in Cygwin and Native WinGrass?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 5 14:00:24 EST 2007

paallen at attglobal.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use window for my work computers so I have been using Grass under
> Cygwin and the latest native WinGrass and R for windows.  By the way
> the WinGrass RC3 look GREAT!!!!

Thanks !

> I want to use the R package spgrass6.  Can/How do I start windows R
> within cygwin and WinGrass?

I have never tried this, but how I would: launch GRASS in text mode
(either edit your .grassrc6 file and set GRASS_GUI to 'text' then click
on your grass63.bat file, or launch cmd.exe and type
'c:\grass6rc3\bin\grass.bat -text' - adapt the path to wherever you
dezipped grass). Then you have GRASS in command line mode and you should
be able to launch R from there by typing 'R'. You might have to add the
path of R's binaries and libraries to the PATH: 'set
PATH=%PATH%;c:\R\bin;c:\R\lib' (again adapt according to your installation).

Tell us if it works.

Moritz