[GRASS-user] Error configuring GRASS63.RC3

Lars Forseth l-forset at online.no
Thu Dec 6 13:41:40 EST 2007

> checking whether to use OpenGL... yes
> checking for location of OpenGL includes...
> checking for GL/gl.h... yes
> checking for GL/glu.h... yes
> checking for location of OpenGL library...
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate OpenGL library.

I'm trying to configure the latest GRASS63 (RC3) on a linux, OpenSuse 10.3 pc;
with NVIDIA graphix card - using the NVIDIA graphix drivers.

Under is the locations of the includes for GL
> /usr/include/GL/glu.h
> /usr/share/doc/packages/Mesa-devel/glu.html
> r2d2:/usr/local/grass-6.3.0RC3 # locate glu.h
> /usr/include/GL/glu.h
> /usr/share/doc/packages/Mesa-devel/glu.html

> r2d2:/usr/local/grass-6.3.0RC3 # locate gl.h
> /usr/grass-6.2.2/include/grass/dgl.h
> /usr/include/GL/gl.h
> /usr/include/GL/mesa_wgl.h
> /usr/include/nvidia/GL/gl.h

What could the problem be? It looks like it finds the libraries; but that they
dont support the functions GRASS63.RC3 asks for?

Regards
larsf