[GRASS-user] r.le.setup trouble and r.li not found

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 14:18:53 EST 2007

Patrick Giraudoux wrote:
> >> (...)
> >> Enter name of site map
> >> Enter 'list' for a list of existing vector files
> >> Hit RETURN to cancel request

> >> <sites5>
> >> WARNING: Adapted sites library used for vector points (module should be
> >>        updated to GRASS 6 vector library).
> >> ERROR: G_get_site() not yet updated.
> Hm... This is quite strange. I have removed grass and then re-install
> 6.2.3 completely. No success at all and still this frustrating message:
> I really wonder what the origin can be. I have re-installed thinking
> that some library could have escaped for some reason during a former
> updating. This ws obviously not the case since complete intallation does
> not fix the problem. I have also tried other mapsets... with the same
> result.

r.le.setup was not fully ported from GRASS 5. GRASS 5's "sites" format was
independent from its vector lines/areas format. In GRASS 6 these were merged.
To ease the change the GRASS 5 sites library was partially adapted to work with
GRASS 6 vectors, but as you are finding not fully.

Fortunately it is not hard to update r.le.setup, patch attached.

> My system is Ubuntu Gusty. Wonder if it could come from that ???

No, it affects everyone.

Maciek:
> > FWIW this stage works for me with current GRASS 6.2 CVS and
> > GRASS 6.3 CVS.

spearfish example:

r.le.setup map=elevation.dem vect=archsites
Setup sampling units (3)
Use keyboard to enter sampling unit dimensions (1)
How many different SCALES do you want (1-15)?   1
Centered over sites         5
Do you want to sample using rectangles
    (including squares) (y) or circles (n)?   (y/n) [y] y

Sampling unit SHAPE (aspect ratio, #cols/#rows) expressed as real number
    (e.g., 10 cols/5 rows = 2.0) for sampling units of scale 1? 1.0

    What size (in pixels) for each sampling unit of scale 1?  50
    The nearest size is 7 cells wide X 7 cells high = 49 cells
    Is this SIZE OK?   (y/n) [y] y

Enter name of site map
Enter 'list' for a list of existing vector files
Hit RETURN to cancel request
> archsites

WARNING: Adapted sites library used for vector points (module should be
         updated to GRASS 6 vector library).
ERROR: G_get_site() not yet updated.

Hamish

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs