[GRASS-user] OT: metadata authoring tools

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:00:16 EST 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the off-topic post. I am part of an "ISO Metadata Editor Review"
committee over here, and was looking for some initial feedback on what
various parties in the FOSS world use for metadata authoring, etc. There are
some members of the group who are looking to building an extension to the
BibTeX standard as a way of keeping the entire process in a text format,
and "integrateable"  into standard document preparation techniques.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or stories would be appreciated. We are hoping to
make a big impact on the formation of several federal (US) metadata authoring
policies- with emphasis on open source software.

Cheers,

Dylan