[GRASS-user] count pixels by attribute in sampling units

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Mon Dec 24 04:24:40 EST 2007

Dear listers,

I am exploring r.le and r.li, but I am afraid those two sets of
programmes are providing what I need only partly. Before using them for
shape and diversity analysis, I just would like to get the number of
pixels (or the area) by attributes types (eg the attribute is a class of
CORINE landcover or any classified image) in each sampling unit into a
text file. Sampling units would be circles of a given radius centered
over sites (overlayed on the raste to analyse). I can provide either a
vector file with the center points or imported polygon shapefiles.
Surprisingly it seems that this simple statistics is not provided in
r.le (maybe wrong ?). I suppose this may be due to the fact there is a
much more simple way to do it in GRASS, but cannot find it in Neteler
and Mitasova book.

Any hint welcome,

Patrick