[GRASS-user] Watershed delineation

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 20:13:25 EST 2007

Hi Daniel,

that's right; you end up with a lot of sub-basins, which you can aggregate according to your need. They are numbered on a logical sequence, so it's really easy to aggregate them with r.mapcalc; just check where a key outlet is and go upstream from there.

Cheers,
Jaime

Daniel Victoria <daniel.victoria at gmail.com> escribió: Hi all,

I trying to delineate watersheds for several points in a very big DEM

 |   Data Type:    CELL                              |
 |   Rows:         4803                               |
 |   Columns:      5172                             |
 |   Total Cells:  24841116

I've successfully ran r.terraflow on the DEM but now I'm stuck. How do
I get the watershed area for my points of interest? I've tried using
the direction map produced with r.water.outlet but it did not work (I
used MFD flow calculation).

Also, from what I understood, the sink watershed map is suposed to be
the watersheds delineated by the terraflow module, is that correct? It
turns out that I have 191736 categories. Does that mean 191736 basins?
Is there a way to aggregate them?

Anyway, I think I'll let r.watershed run for the night

Thanks and cheers
Daniel

http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/