[GRASS-user] Re: count pixels by attribute in sampling units

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Thu Dec 27 03:17:31 EST 2007

> Hi,
>
> bug found and fixed in 6.3 svn. The logic around the >100 check was to
> blame. Thanks for pin-pointing it.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass/trunk/raster/r.le/r.le.setup/sample.c
>
> I haven't tested the fix, but it should work. If it works for you can
> you post to this list with the result? It should then be safe to
> backport to the release branches. I am traveling right now so would ask
> someone else to commit that- I left my knoppix/ubuntu CDs at home and
> after a spyware infection scare yesterday (apparently stopped by the
> outgoing firewall) on a very well maintained WinXP PC, I am a rather
> concerned about ssh'ing into our server (& then to osgeo SVN) from any
> MS Windows machine ever ever ever again.
>

> Hamish

OK I will do it asap. However I don't know how to insert the new code
practically from the script given (I am using R and grass but I am not a
C developper)... Has it been inserted in the last cvs version (guess not
from your mail) at http://grass.itc.it/grass63/source/snapshot/, or any
other way ?

Sorry for your virus mishappenings... I had one in August 2006, and I
could not get rid of it, even with the local computer ingineer... Ended
up erasing the hard disk and reformating. Fortunately I had a safe copy
but took 15 days to solve the trouble.

Cheers,

Patrick