[GRASS-user] Digitizing

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Feb 2 11:51:46 EST 2007

RHKARAS2 wrote:

> I have two GRASS installations:
>
> 1. compiled form sources on Fedora 5 2. installed from RPM's on
> Fedora 6
>
> I try to begin digitizing my raster map, but when I enter new or
> remove existing centroids digitizing tools stop responding.
> Sometimes I manage to enter a few centroids sometimes remove a few
> ones, but finally GRASS stops responding. This behaviour is on both
> installations. This is my first digitizing task, so maybe I make any
> mistakes. Is this GRASS behaviour known to anyone?

Jarek,

I confirm, built from source on Ubuntu Dapper 32bit with tcl/tk 8.4.
It's been few months since I have spotted it for the first time, can't
remember exactly when though. Maybe with 8.3 it would be better? I
don't know.

Indeed the problem is limited to centroids. It's not reproducible with
points, lines and boundaries.

If you really want to do some serious digitizing, please use the GRASS
Edit in QGIS 0.8. Really. It is not perfect either but still better.

Maciek