[GRASS-user] v.external and attribute table::strange behaviour..Bug?

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Mon Feb 5 08:19:04 EST 2007

Hi list,
I observed a strange thing about v.external. When I crate a link to a shapefile using v.external, it is possible to list all attribute values using the v.db.select-command (on the command line).

However, I was not successful in trying to get the same result inside of QGIS or directly inside the database-backend (I am using sqlite-/sqlitebrowser).

1) sqlitebrowser does not even list the table of the theme created with v.external

2) in QGIS (0.8.0 R2), I can load some (only line and polygon) layers into the map (the geometry is shown), but I do not have access to the attributes - only cat-values are shown.

Therefore, it would be helpful to know, whether this is a bug or not. Any ideas? More than welcome.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail?ac=OM.GX.GX003K11711T4781a