[GRASS-user] Modelling for groundwater

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 12:32:04 EST 2007

Hi all,

 I don't know what's wrong with the server on which my webpage is hosted. It was working yesterday, so hopefully it won't be long for it to be accessible again.
 The r.gmtg module works with grass 5.4 and modflow 96 (the latest modflow 96 version of 2000). I've thought of upgrading the module for a while and started to work on it, but some more urgent projects took a higher priority. The version on which I'm currently working will use grass 62 and modflow 2005, which was just released.
 The webpage pointed by Sören (www.valledemexico.ambitiouslemon.com/gwmodeling.html) has the r.gmtg module and a brief tutorial. A more detailed description is available on Computers and Geosciences 32(3): 339-351

 In case the webpage's still out longer I'll figure out a way to upload both the module and MODFLOW-96 (the version on my webpage was slightly modified).

 Cheers,

 Jaime

Thomas Adams <Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov> escribió: Sören,

So what model is actually used? Not MODFLOW, judging from your comments.
I am eager to see more documentation!

Regards,
Tom

Sören Gebbert wrote:
> Hi Ravi and Markus,
>

>> RAVI KUMAR wrote on 02/06/2007 06:34 AM:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Modelling for groundwater
>>>
>>> Pl suggest any work done through GRASS or any other FOSS GIS on the
>>> above topic.
>>> ThanX in anticipation
>>> Ravi Kumar
>>>
>> In GRASS 6.3.cvs, recently r.gwflow and r3.gwflow were introduced:
>> http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/r.gwflow.html
>> http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/r3.gwflow.html
>>
>> Markus
>>

> Thanks Markus,
> right now these two modules are not documented and in a very early functional state, like the underlying gpde lib.
> But i will submit in the next weeks (2-4) a major update of the gpde lib and the groundwater flow modules.
> This will include a much better documentation,
> exact null value support for 2d and 3d data arrays, array io functions, gradient calculation, more unit tests and
> a new solute transport module for transport calculation of groundwater pollution in porous media 2d/3d.
>
> AFAIK, there was a module to combine modflow with grass
> for groundwater calculation:
> http://www.valledemexico.ambitiouslemon.com/gwmodelling.html
> but this link is not reachable. :(
>
> Best regards