[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS 6.2.1 winGRASS/Cygwin binaries available: was: Re: Xganim errors in WinGRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Feb 10 08:09:58 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 02:50:53PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
> > .. there is no usable 6.2.x cygwin binary; if someone understands how to
> > compile GRASS for cygwin, chances are they already have access to a UNIX
> > machine somewhere already. For everyone else on windows there's a choice
> > between an out of date development snapshot build for cygwin, and the
> > experimental MSys development snapshot build ..
>
> I managed to compile 6.2.1 (using DLLs) on the current version of
> Cygwin without any detectable problems (other than that I forgot to
> use the Unix/X11 Tcl/Tk, so NVIZ doesn't work).
>
> Once I've recompiled with a working version of NVIZ, I can provide the
> resulting binary package if someone tells me how to upload it.

Thanks to Glynn, we now have a new GRASS 6.2.1 winGRASS/Cygwin binary
packages available at
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/mswindows/
(on the mirrors the next 1-2 days)

For now I have linked to Huidae's install instructions. If anyone
provides me with new install docs, I can upload them to the server, too.

Markus