[GRASS-user] Viewing ecw files

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es
Tue Feb 13 11:42:22 EST 2007

Hello all
I have tried to import some ecw files into grass and with some
exceptions (problems reading some lines from input) I can do it. But
main problem I have is that I use ecw files over 700 MB each one and
they become more than 7 GB once imported. You can imagine the amount of
disk space it takes to work with 10-12 maps of such size and how slow
everything goes. Is there any way to see these maps without importing
them or with a smaller output size?

It's absolutely necessary for me to use these maps, so I thank any solution.

Carlos