[GRASS-user] d.m.tcl

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Feb 17 23:15:36 EST 2007

Martin,

"d.m" is a script that calls the old x11 display based TclTk GUI. It is no
longer supported, though it still ships with the default GRASS build for
backward compatibility and because some people prefer it.

The current GUI uses TclTk displays and has many more display controls than
the old one. It should be called automatically when you open GRASS. If not,
you can start it with by calling the script gis.m & from the command line
instead of d.m &.

(Note that I follow either command with an ampersand "&". This is so that
either GUI will run and NOT tie up the GRASS command line, leaving it open
for you to issue other commands if you want.).

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213