[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.2.1-1 Installation Question

Ramu Narayanan ramu.nm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 18:40:07 EST 2007

Hi,

'd.mon start=x1' and 'd.mon select=x1' both yeild the same result as 'd.monx0'

The monitor window is indeed opening up but I can't properly select or use
it.  If I attempt to do so using the select command, I am told that the
'socket is already in use or not accepting connections.'  The xDriver.exe is
shown as a process in the Window process list.  Restarting cygwin does not
solve the problem.

Another point to note:  When I type exit in the terminal window, I am told
that the monitors are being closed.  This however does not happen as I need
to kill the monitor process (using ps) to actually close the monitor.  The
monitor windows therefore appears to hang.  I am currently opening the grass
in gui mode.  I also note, however, that exiting in the terminal does not
close the output, map display or GRASS manager windows.  I get the same
result (monitors hanging) if I run d.mon from the gui or from the terminal.

Ramu