[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.2.1-1 Installation Question

Ramu Narayanan ramu.nm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:41:54 EST 2007

Typing in d.mon -L indicates that the x0 monitor is not running after I type
d.mon x0

This is verified by trying d.mon stop=x0 which indicated that x0 was not
running.

The only indication i see that it was running apart from the open window was
by trying d.mon select=x0 which indicates that 'socket is already in use or
is not accepting connections'.  I cannot close the monitor by hitting the
close button.

I tried this before and after removing my firewall that I have installed but
without any changes in the resulting messages.

I found this link online which appears to indicate that there may be a
problem with xDriver when working with Gentoo but I'm not sure if it applies
to my situation:
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/month=20031101

Is there something else that I might be able to try?

Thanks,
Ramu