[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.2.1-1 Installation Question

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Feb 20 11:41:49 EST 2007

Ramu Narayanan wrote:

> Typing in d.mon -L indicates that the x0 monitor is not running after I type
> d.mon x0
>
> This is verified by trying d.mon stop=x0 which indicated that x0 was not
> running.

Both of these are reporting the fact that they cannot connect to the
socket.

> The only indication i see that it was running apart from the open window was
> by trying d.mon select=x0 which indicates that 'socket is already in use or
> is not accepting connections'.

The window (and the presence of XDRIVER.exe in Windows' process list)
implies that it is actually running.

> I cannot close the monitor by hitting the close button.

That implies that the process has hung and isn't processing X events.

> I tried this before and after removing my firewall that I have installed but
> without any changes in the resulting messages.
>
> I found this link online which appears to indicate that there may be a
> problem with xDriver when working with Gentoo but I'm not sure if it applies
> to my situation:
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/month=20031101

I couldn't find the post in question, but I use Gentoo, and haven't
had any problems. Also, 2003 is a long time ago.

> Is there something else that I might be able to try?

Nothing springs to mind.