[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: grassuser Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Jan 3 13:52:30 EST 2007

Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 05:11:39PM +0100, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

>> Michael Barton wrote:

>>> I haven't yet tried this new veWrsion of g.region but hope to soon. It sounds
>>> like g.region -g is now issuing an interactive terminal message.

>> No it doesn't. The differences between the old and current g.region -g are:
>>
>> - the WARNING message on the top of the g.region output
>>
>> - 4 extra lines in the g.region -g output:
>> projection=
>> zone=
>> datum=
>> ellipsoid=

> sorry, if this will sound radical, but adding new lines of this kind to program
> output is IMHO not *change* but *added funtionality*.

Jachym,

Actually it is not really an *added* functionality, but a modification
to an *already-existing* functionality in GRASS 6. Martin's g.region -g
output is different from the g.region -g output before, isn't it?

I guess this should not happen *during* GRASS 6. Should be left for
GRASS 7.

Sure Martin's approach is right! I much appreciate and enjoy his work
on sanitising GRASS code. Only that *this particular change* might
brake programs depending on g.region output in GRASS 6 so far. That's
all I'm concerned with. That's my last word regarding this case. Please
do whatever you think is right now.

Best,
Maciek