[GRASS-user] ogr2ogr and ortho/rgb display

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 14:17:45 EST 2007

Hi Bob

Looking over some notes, it is pretty simple: note example is not with
spearfish, but close enough.

1. convert raster DEM in source location (i.e. lat-lon) to vector points,
leave out creation of att table with the -z flag:

 r.to.vect -z in=elev out=elev_pts feature=point

2. change to target location (i.e. AEA proj) might want to read-up on the -z
flag for v.proj .... I am not an expert on this.

v.proj in=elev_pts location=latlong_location mapset=PERMANENT dbase=...
 out=proj_pts

3. re-interpolate DEM in target location with appropriate region settings, and
interpolator. i.e setup resolution and use either v.surf.rst or perhaps
v.surf.nbathy (?)

I'll cook up some good examples of this, with stats posted this week - along
with comparisons to field observation (n= 270).

cheers,

Dylan