[GRASS-user] HTMLMAP with grass62

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 12 06:51:01 EST 2007

Stephan Holl wrote:

> > Where can I find an example of how to use HTMLMAP in grass62.   The
> > information I found
> > was giving examples of its use in grass5.  This required d.area,
> > which I don't have in grass6.
>
> AFAIK this is not ported to grass6.2 yet, but I might be wrong.
> stolen from[0]:
> [...]
> d.area - merged to d.vect: HTMLMAP driver doesn't work yet with new
> d.vect

It's more accurate to say that the new d.vect doesn't (and cannot)
work with the HTMLMAP driver.

The HTMLMAP driver works by "trapping" polygon-fill operations. But
d.vect doesn't use polygon-fill operations; it does its own
rasterising, and just sends a series of horizontal-line-drawing
commands to the driver.

As there currently isn't any use for the HTMLMAP driver, it hasn't
been maintained. If someone ports d.area to the new vector API, I'm
willing to port the HTMLMAP driver.