[GRASS-user] Re: gis.m: file ppm not found

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 12 18:57:18 EST 2007

This heads us back to my original ideas about a permission problem. How was
it created under GRASS 6.3? That is, did you use epsg codes, a georeferenced
file, or enter projection parameters manually?

Is this problematic by location for others? That is, do some locations work
and others do not?

Also, I think there may have been some recent changes to how GRASS
creates/deals with tempfiles. This may be affecting the creation or
management of the temporary *.ppm files of d.* output.

A couple things to test. First check the .tmp directory and its
subdirectories within the current mapset of a problematic location. See what
the permissions are. See if anything is being written to any of these
directories/subdirectories when maps are displayed.

The other thing is to create a couple of different locations, using
different methods. See if any particular method is problematic for this
issue. So far everything is working find for me, so it's hard to say for me.

Michael

On 1/12/07 10:02 AM, "Stefan Paulick" <stefan.paulick at urbeli.com> wrote:

> I've put a behaving faulty location on a Ubuntu 6.06/amd386 box at
>
> http://www.urbeli.com/grass/grassuser_err.tar.gz (30MB)
>
> if anyone is interested in having a look at it.
>
> It was created under grass6.3 / user root and does work well with d.m while
> gis.m causes the discussed errors.
>
> It is based on "The GRASS user-map"by Stephan Holl as in
> http://grass.itc.it/newsletter/GRASS_OSGeo_News_vol4.pdf
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kindest regards
>
> Stefan Paulick
>

> http://www.urbeli.com
> mailto://stefan.paulick@urbeli.com

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity