[GRASS-user] promotion

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Jan 15 13:06:32 EST 2007

Really nice work, compliment!
I know that in Italy they are trying to do something very similar...
Maybe Italian people interested can join to this discussion....

I'm currently running a GRASS course at university by using the FOSS4G
conference CD and it works great, and still quite updated (6.2 version)
About the tutorial I've seen the GRASS tutorial from people from Trento
(http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/docs/tutorial_61/index.html)
Even if only an Italian version is ready, it could be a good starting
point for the future... nice look, and simple enough...

I also suggest to take track of the GUI interface command location
(e.g.: raster->import->various format for r.in.gdal), because sometime
when GUI evolves, things changes place and for beginners is not easy to
find out where they are....

Massimiliano