[GRASS-user] Re: Newbie: Errors Compiling CVS:grass 6.3 on suse 10.2

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 01:49:41 EST 2007

Hi,

no error, works as expected. If You want to install any soft from
source to system directories (not your home), You need root
privileges. Thath's the way *nix works.

You have specified GRASS install path to /usr/local and You need to
run "make install" from user who has write permission to /usr/local -
usualy it's root. su/sudo make install should be fine.

WBR,
Maris.