[GRASS-user] Kyngesburye GRASS 6.2.1-2 Mac OS X Binary: Framework trouble

William A. Perkins william.perkins at pnl.gov
Wed Jan 24 13:07:26 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm using OSX 10.4.8 on a G5 system. I downloaded and installed "All
Frameworks" package and the GRASS 6.2.1-2 application.  These are
dated January 21.  Before I installed the frameworks packages, I
removed the old ones I had (by dragging them to the trash). BTW, I
installed the old frameworks for a previous version of QGIS, not
grass.

When I start GRASS.app, gis.m does not start, but I get a command
line.  I cannot run any commands because it appears to need an older
version of the GDAL framework.  Here's an example:

    Mapset <Imagery> in Location <SnakeSpawning>
    GRASS 6.2.1 > g.list rast
    dyld: Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.3/GDAL
      Referenced from: /Applications/GRASS/GRASS.app/Contents/Resources/bin/g.list
      Reason: image not found
    Trace/BPT trap

The GDAL framework I installed appears to be 1.4:

    GRASS 6.2.1 > ls /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/
    total 4
    0 ./  0 ../  0 1.4/  4 Current@

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.