[GRASS-user] ps.map: different locations and one document possible?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 19:33:50 EST 2007

Glynn wrote:
> No, it isn't.
>
> However, you may be able to combine two PostScript files with e.g.
> Adobe Illustrator, or even by manually inserting the relevant portion
> of the second file into the first (the viability of the latter option
> depends upon how well structured the PostScript code is).

tip:
  (for subset country-scale image in image corner with box showing area
   of interest)

Create an EPS map with ps.map at the country scale, use "g.region save="
and the ps.map "region" instruction to highlight the zoomed in area of
interest.

Change back to the zoomed-in region and rerun ps.map at the desired
scale, then include and place the EPS file with the ps.map "eps"
instruction.

[related- One day I'll fulfill wish #3389]

Hamish