[GRASS-user] Shortest path for a new road

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Jan 26 06:12:50 EST 2007

Hi!

I need to create a plan for a new road from a known source point, to a
known destination area. I have a grid of elevation and land use for the
region. So from that I can calculate a cost weight using r.walk or
r.cost Now by using this I'd like to calculate a new raster or vector
which would show the least cost path from source to destination.

Is this possible? I know that with Arc/Info I can use the Spatial
Analyst to do this, but I'd like to be able to do it with GRASS. Any ideas?

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>