[GRASS-user] v.to.db problem

temiz temiz at deprem.gov.tr
Mon Jan 29 13:24:46 EST 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> temiz wrote:
>
>> when I generate point map from line map as:
>>
>> ---  v.to.points input=e30a2top type=point,line,boundary,centroid
>> output=nokta1 llayer=1 dmax=100
>>
>> and to insert x,y coords of those points to db
>>
>> ---  GRASS 6.3.cvs (pro1):~/data > v.to.db map=nokta1 option=coor col=x,y
>>      Updating database ... WARNING: More elements of category 1, nothing
>> loaded to DB
>>      WARNING: More elements of category 2, nothing loaded to DB
>>      and so on
>>

> It looks like you have multiple vector features with the same category.
>

>> cat values indicate more than one points then v.to.db does not properly.
>>
>> I used v.category and generated new categories. It also gives another
>> errors.
>>

> Drop the table connected to your vector, remove all categories from the
> vector (v.category), assign unique categories (v.category), create the
> table back,
?? I am sorry. But, how can I establish relation between new categories and
the table's category.  Aren't they so different ?
> try v.to.db again.
>
> Maciek

to clarify my question:
I produced point vector from topographic contour maps.
I tried to upload x,y coords and elevation value.

But

v.to.db does not use unique cat value of point map generated from v.to.points (1st layer's cat values are not unique.)

Is there any way to create new map from a map generated from v.to.points, which has one layer,unique cats, and
any field wanted ?
or any other way you think ?

regards

--