[GRASS-user] Problem with spearfish example and creating mapset

yuri bay ksh_wong at msn.com
Mon Jan 29 11:10:34 EST 2007

Hi,

Basically I have two problems and would be grateful if you could help.

Problem 1:  I have managed to installed and opened the winGRASS GIS manager.
  But I have problem creating new mapset.  I have created a database DB1 and
within it a Location call Loc1.  When I use the 'Projection Values' button
on the GIS manager to create new mapset with Loc1 and DB1, the commandline
window run and closed, without any mapset such as PERMANANT or User1 created
in Loc1 (Loc1 is empty).  How could I properly create a mapset so that I can
start a new project?

Problem 2:  I have tried to use the example data from Spearfish but there
was no *.dm file, *.dmrc file or *.grc file in the spearfish60.zip
folder....How could I open and  try out the spearfish60 example?

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards
Casey Wong