[GRASS-user] db.execute: SELECT STATEMENT

Jarosław Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Jan 30 03:38:18 EST 2007

Hi
Is 'db.excute' executeng SELECT statement for pg driver or 'db.select'
shall be used?

I found nothing about that in help pages, but in db.execute examples are
about all examples , but SELECT, so I can thing  db.execute cannot exec
SELECT statement

The problem arises when I tried to select data from one table (based on
user click) and put them to another in one command and I recive error:

DBMI pg ERROR
cannot execute "SELECT max(grupa) FROM structura etc..."

I add, that combination can be execute in pgadmin without problem so
statements are good

regards
Jarek