[GRASS-user] Making fake dem's

Roger Mason rmason at esd.mun.ca
Sun Jul 1 07:25:20 EDT 2007

Hello,

I wish to prepare some fake digital elevation models to be used in
teaching undergraduate geology.  The idea is to prepare dem's to
illustrate the interaction of geology and topography to produce
outcrop patterns.  If anyone has suggestions as to which file formats
might be easiest to use or which existing libraries for writing such
formats could best be intergrated into a C++ program I'd be pleased to
receive suggestions.

In addition, if anyone has already done what I propose I'd be
delighted to benefit from your experience!

Thanks,

Roger Mason