[GRASS-user] some interesting tools for working with LAS format

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:25:58 EDT 2007

LAS is a format commonly used to store lidar data. here is a link I found this
afternoon regarding some opensource tools which can convert to and from LAS.

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~isenburg/lastools/

it does not look like it is a simple compile -- I don't see any make file or
instructions...

Perhaps we can talk to these people, and integrate a LAS reader into GRASS, or
better yet figure out how to use it with r.in.xyz!

cheers,

dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette