[GRASS-user] loss of attribute precision when using v.extract

roelof burger roelof.burger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:26:10 EDT 2007

Dear Grass users,

Is there any way I can get around the following:

I have a vector layer with attached column:
column:CODE
type: DOUBLE PRECISION
len: 20
scale: 6
precision: 18
default:
nullok:yes
select:yes
update:yes

it varies between 1.0101e+10 and 9.9605e+10 (ie 21131001001)

I extract a portion of the vector with the following command looking
at a different column:

v.extract input=MYVECTOR output=OUTPUTVECTOR where='CODE2=400'

this extracts the vector correctly, but if I look at the columns
attached to the vector, I get the following:

column:CODE
type: DOUBLE PRECISION
len: 20
scale: 6
precision: 18
default:
nullok:yes
select:yes
update:yes

but now the values are stuck at 2147483647.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Regards,
Roelof