[GRASS-user] converting contour lines to points

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jul 4 07:01:30 EDT 2007

OK, here is mine ;)

I would like to break up a map of contour lines into points.
Since contour lines are essentially just a bunch of nodes
with arcs connecting them, I thought it should be straight-forward
to decompose them. However, v.type refuses to do a line->points
conversion and v.to.points creates new points along the lines.
I just want the points that are already there, only get rid
of the connecting arcs!
I need to conserve the attribute data in the output map.
Is this somehow possible?

Thanks,

Ben

--