[GRASS-user] Orthorectification tutorial

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jul 5 04:13:13 EDT 2007

Firman Hadi-3 wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Is there any link for orthorectification tutorial using GRASS?
> I plan to orthorectified SPOT Image using GRASS.
> Thanks.
>
> Firman Hadi.

GRASS supports orthorectification of aerial images but lacks sensor models
for satellite data (line scanners etc). This was started in the image3
library and
i.points3, i.rectify3 modules but never completed. If would be great if
someone
picked up the existing code and continued the existing work.

Alternative: OSSIM (http://www.ossim.org) support some sensor models.

Markus