[GRASS-user] 3D TIN?

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 06:28:34 EDT 2007

Stefania,
do you really need to work with dxf files?  Are you using AutoCAD or
other CAD software? AutoCAD MAP can import shapefiles.
if you really need dxf, you can try to export as shapefile and then convert it.
there are some converters around, like:

http://www.globalmapper.com/
http://www.guthcad.com/arcv2cad.htm
http://www.mass.gov/mgis/dxf.htm

these are Windows programs, though.

good luck

Carlos

On 7/8/07, sm399 at cam.ac.uk <sm399 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thank you Markus for the clarification.
>
> Is there anybody out there that could assist the support for 3D face? I
> cannot program...
>
> stefania
>
> --On 07 July 2007 10:57 -0700 Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
>

> > Stefania Merlo wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear GRASS users,
> >>
> >> I have a question about exporting TINs to dxf. I have successfully
> >> managed  to perform the export and opened the TIN files created with
> >> v.delaunay in  CAD. Problem is, the z value of the TIN points is 0 and
> >> my TIN is flat (not
> >> what I wanted to achieve). Am I doing something wrong or is this what
> >> should happen? Is there a command that would allow the export of 3D
> >> TINs?  Is this an export problem only or is the command v.delaunay not
> >> producing a
> >> 3D file?
> >>
> >> Hope my problem is clearly stated. Any suggestions on how to create and
> >> export a 3D TIN for further editing in software external to GRASS is
> >> welcome!
> >>
> >> Yours
> >>
> >> stefania merlo
> >>
> >> University of Cambridge
> >> UK
> >>

> > Hi Stefania,
> >
> > I checked v.out.dxf and found that no 3DFACE support is there. This needs
> > to be added; I think it would be the inverse of
> > vector/v.in.dxf/add_3dface.c
> >
> > Markus
> > --

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke