[GRASS-user] 3D TIN?

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 10:43:00 EDT 2007

Does the map you created with v.delaunay have 3D info? or is it a 2D
triangulation of your 3D points?

Carlos

On 7/9/07, sm399 at cam.ac.uk <sm399 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear Carlos and all,
>
> I tried the export via shapefile too, as I do actually have Autocad Map.
> The problem remains the same. For some reason (or actually, probably the
> same reason highlighted my Markus in previous correspondance) the v.out
> even in this case does not transfer 3D info.
>
> I really need to work in 3D to edit these TINS and create a 3D geometry to
> then import in GRASS and Paraview. Can anybody assist? I am basically
> trying to create 3D irregular volumes from points to represent
> archaeological features.
>
> Yours,
> stefania
>
> --On 08 July 2007 11:28 +0100 "Carlos \"Guâno\" Grohmann"
> <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Stefania,
> > do you really need to work with dxf files?  Are you using AutoCAD or
> > other CAD software? AutoCAD MAP can import shapefiles.
> > if you really need dxf, you can try to export as shapefile and then
> > convert it.
> > there are some converters around, like:
> >
> > http://www.globalmapper.com/
> > http://www.guthcad.com/arcv2cad.htm
> > http://www.mass.gov/mgis/dxf.htm
> >
> > these are Windows programs, though.
> >
> > good luck
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > On 7/8/07, sm399 at cam.ac.uk <sm399 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >> Thank you Markus for the clarification.
> >>
> >> Is there anybody out there that could assist the support for 3D face? I
> >> cannot program...
> >>
> >> stefania

> > --
> > +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> >               Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
> >   Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
> >   Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
> > Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Visiting Researcher at Kingston University London - UK
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke